When creating a New Cancelation Invoice, the field Posting Date is greyed out.
Therefore, is not possible to change the Posting Date.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer Invoicing work center
- Choose the Invoice Documents view.
- Select the invoice ID XYZ and click Cancel button.
A new tab will open with the New Cancellation Invoice
- Click View all.
You see the Posting Date field is grayed out.
System behavior is correct since the posting period is currently in Open and Not blocked.
If the posting period is open and an invoice associated in that particular period is canceled, the Posting Date field in the new cancelation invoice will be grayed out and read-only.
This assures that the invoice and the Cancelation Invoice fall into the same accounting period.
To be able to change the Posting Date, you must close the period following the steps bellow:
- In the General Ledger work center, choose Companies view.
- Select the company ID XYZ
- Click on Set Process Control button
- Select the Process Control relevant and change the Process Control Status to Blocked
- Click on Save button.
After that, you are able to change the Posting Date.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To