You are currently not able to save a customer invoice due to the error: 'Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for ABC' (ABC represents the Country).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Select the desired request and choose the option New Invoice.
- Select Save.
You receive the error message: 'Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for ABC'.
The numbering rule for the country ABC - which is the Tax Country in use on the invoice - and the relevant Invoicing Unit is missing.
In order to overcome the error message you need to maintain the missing numbering rule for the relevant Invoicing Unit.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for the activity Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
- Select the option for the country ABC.
- Maintain the rule as desired.
- Save the changes.
Now you can save your customer invoices.
1845478 - You are not Able to Release a Customer Invoice, an Error Message Occurs:"Save not possible,document numbering rule missing for"
2698432 - Cannot Save an Invoice Document Because of Error "Save not possible; document numbering rule missing for ABC"
document numbering, Customer Invoice, error message, sales unit, , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To