Scrollbars is missing intermittently for Query Browser panel with many queries after opening a dashboard document in SAP Dashboards
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.x
Reproducing the Issue
- Design a dashboard document (xlf file) which has many (>50) queries.
- Save this dashboard document and quit SAP Dashboards application.
- Start SAP Dashboards application again to open this dashboard document.
- Sometimes, Query Browser panel can’t show all queries. And the vertical scrollbar isn't displayed.
This problem is due to two reasons.
- Product defect. SAP Dashboards development team has provided a fix to improve the behavior. Detail information can be found in SAP Note 2155810.
- Adobe Flash Player doesn’t allow a method to run longer than 15 seconds. The more queries you have in one dashboard, the longer it will take the Query Browser to load them. If there are too many (>50) queries, Flash Player may interrupt Query Browser. As a result, even if the fix was applied, you may still observe this issue when handling the dashboard document which has too many queries..
As there are two causes may lead the problem, there are two methods to resolve this, depending on what the real cause of the problem is.
- Upgrade the system to implement the fix in SAP Note 2155810.
- Reducing the queries number as less as possible to avoid the Flash limitation.
Query Browser, Scrollbar, missing, disappear, xlf, swf, flash, xc, cx , KBA , BI-RA-XL-DSL , Dashboards, Design-Time, Design on Multi-Source , BI-RA-XL , BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem