You are checking the journal entry of a warehouse confirmation (Goods Receipt from Supplier). You observed that only the Unbilled Payables line item references to the partner company. For the corresponding Material Inventory account, the partner company ID is missing.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries view.
- Find the journal entry of the Warehouse Confirmation and press View to open it.
- Highlight the Unbilled Payables line item: You notice the Partner Company reference.
- Highlight the Material Inventory line item: You can't find a Partner Company reference here.*
*Alternatively you can add the Partner Company ID field to the Line Items table via the Personalize functionality. The Partner Company ID only appears in the line of the Unbilled Payables line item.
You have maintained the supplier for your warehouse confirmation as Partner Company:
To verify this navigate to the General Ledger work center and here to the Master Data > Partner Companies view.
Only payable as well as receivable items between partner companies are used in preparation for consolidation. Therefore it is not necessary to reference to the partner company on the material inventory side of a warehouse confirmation posting.
This is expected system behavior.
material inventory; warehouse inventory; partner company; , KBA , material inventory , warehouse inventory , partner company , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To