When we enter a New Hire using "Add New Employee" wizard, the error appears "Manager cycle detected" as we click on the "Save" button in the Compensation Information section.
Employee Central - New Hire/Rehire
Reproducing the Issue
This error does not appear if we try to add a manager as system admin through Job History --> Make Correction. It apears only when we try to add a manager through Add New Employee in the system. This error message appears when we click on the "Save" button in Compensation Informatoin section.
This is a data issue. There is a circular loop with the manager (whom we are trying to assign) as one in the cycle.
There are two ways to check for a manager cycle, via the check tool or sorting through the hierarchy manually
To do this via the check tool, do the following
1. Admin Centre > Check Tool (If you can't find this, then please grant permissions by following this KBA)
2. In the Application Dropdown, choose User Management
3. Click on the User Hierarchy Dropdown
4. Click on No Manager cycle exists for the user, and enter the user when prompted who you want to run the check for
5. Do the same for No second manager cycle exists for the user.
6. Click on Run Check
Alternatively you can do the following
1. Check the Job Information of the user whom you are trying to add as Manager for the new hire.
2. Note down his name, and then start looking at his Job Information to find out who is his Manager.
3. If you keep doing this for the Manager's Manager and so on, you will figure out a cycle of users, and that is the problem.
4. Once you figure it out, correct the Manager for one of those users to break the cycle.
Manager Cycle, Second Manager, No manager cycle exists for the user, No second manager cycle exists for the user, User Hierarchy, User Management, Check Tool, manager cycle error appearing, Manager Cycle Detected. Please try again , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR , Hire & Rehire Wizards , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem