Under the My Employee tab, there is no link or option for the supervisor to Record Learning for users.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to LMS using a Supervisor account
- Go to My Employees tab at the top
- Under Supervisor Links or Supervisor tile there is no Record Learning link.
The setting that has to be enabled in LMS_ADMIN before Supervisors can record learning.
- Login to LMS using an Admin;
- Go to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration;
- Open LMS_ADMIN in edit mode;
- Change the following setting to true
# This flag is used to enable the new supervisor enhancements for Assign/Remove learning, Record learning and Register/Witdraw Users.
Now we need to enable Supervisors to Record Learning
- System Admin > Configuration > User Settings
- Under User Learning Event Recording Defaults
Check both of these:
- Managers can record learning events for items
- System admin > Security > Role mgmt > search for the role assigned to the supervisor
- Go to the Permissions Tab
- Expand My employees and make sure that the following permissions are present
- Access Record Learning Event
- Access Record External Learning Events
Now we have to make sure this is enabled on the item level
- Learning Activities > Items > Search and open item;
- Make sure that Managers can Add to Learning History is active;
- Save if needed.
Supervisor cannot record learning for users, updatedSupervisorFlow, User Learning Event Recording Defaults, Managers can record Learning Events for subordinates, Access Record Learning Event , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-RBP , Roles & Permissions , How To