How to mask National ID data from SF Instance to be kept confidential.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Employee Central V2 (Data Masking)
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Customer was looking for a functionality to hide the data for National ID field.
If National ID is masked then that particular field will not be available in reports. System provides this privilege to hide field (which is masked) in the reports.
To Keep the National ID .hidden, the below steps needs to be taken by Customer´s Partner/Consultant or SAP Cloud Support team:
- Access Backend system (Provisioning);
- Export the Data Model on: "Succession Management > Import/Export Data Model":
- Make a Backup of the exported XML;
- Open the Data Model XML file downloaded;
- Ensure the field pii="true" is included on the <hris-field... tag as below image:
- Import the updated Data Model XML file and Submit:
- Once done, the National ID should be hidden on the Instance reflecting as below:
Data Model; Backend; National-ID; XML; Data Masking; pii; , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , How To