When trying to add a New Zealand Bank Account for a Supplier Account, an error message appears: Special characters not permitted in bank account number: enter digit only.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Payables Work Center navigate to the Suppliers View and here to the Supplier Accounts sub-view.
- Click on the Suppllier Name to open its master data.
- Press View All.
- In the Financial Data Tab go to the Bank Data Sub-tab.
- Enter Bank Account Number as XXXXXXX-XX.
- Press Save.
- The error message appears: Special characters not permitted in bank account number: enter digit only.
Special characters are not allowed in bank account numbers for New Zealand as there is a special characters validation check.
As per the standards bank account number should be as the format BB-RRRR-AAAAAAA-SSS (B- Bank, R-Branch, A-Account, S-Suffix).
BBRRRR is captured as the National bank Code and it is expected to enter a 10 digit account number, like so: AAAAAAASSS.
If the suffix has less than 3 digits a respective amount of zeros is added to it instead of a hyphen (-), like so: XXXXXXX0XX instead of XXXXXXX-XX.
With the error message a new 10 digit account number is suggested with added zeros should the suffix have less than three digits. This number should be used instead.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To