How to enable SFAPI feature in SuccessFactors?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Step 1. SFAPI needs to be enabled in the backend
1. Create a ticket with SAP/SuccessFactors as a service request to have the SFAPI feature enabled for your instance.
Note: In case you have an implementation partner, the configuration can be done by them(below is the option to be enabled under Company Settings --> Web Services)
2. This will further allow you to configure SFAPI on your SuccessFactors instance.
3. Once this is enabled, you will be notified, post which you need to follow the below steps.
Step 2. Configuration on the SuccessFactors Instance
1. In non-RBP mode (When "Role Based Permissions" is not enabled for the instance)
a. Go to Admin Tools > Manage Security > Administrative Privileges > Manage Users
b. Here, check Manage API Login Permission and click “Save Admin Permission for Selected Users”
c. Logout and Login again
d. Go to Admin Tools, under Manage Users category, you should now find a new Permission called "Manage API Login Permission"
e. You can grant "API login permission" to the SFAPI user(s) here, this would enable the users to login with API.
2. In RBP mode (When "Role Based Permissions" is enabled for the instance)
a. Go to Admin Tools > Manage Security > Manage Permission Roles
b. Click on "Create new"
c. Create a new permission role and enter the description.
d. Click on "Permission..."
e. Create a new permission role, you will find the API Login Permission here, under User Permissions > General User Permission
f. Check the "API User Login" permission and save.
g. Based on your requirement, you can now grant other permissions to this role.
h. All the users to whom this role is assigned will have access to API's.
enable SFAPI in successfactors , SFAPI not accessible in successfactors , SFAPI not enabled in successfactors , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , LOD-SF-INT-WS , SAP Web Services for SuccessFactors Integration , How To