How to configure or edit a custom panel?
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
For Live Customer (s), Implementation Partner(s), and Consulant(s)
User Defined (custom) panels may be created and edited by the Onboarding system administrator. This action is performed in the Panel Designer tool, which may only be used for custom panels.
- Navigate to SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding > Settings > Panels
- In the left pane, look for the panel to be edited either under its corresponding process or in the User Defined panels section. Click the individual panel from the left frame.
- To add a feature to the panel, click and drag it from the left frame to the Panel Workspace where you would like it to go. See below for list of panel features.
- Once a feature has been added to the panel, the system administrator may define its properties, add fields or conditions. You may edit existing fields in the panel by double clicking on them in the Workspace.
- Each feature has its own set of properties that may be edited. The SAP SuccessFactors HCM Picklist field requires you to select a “Key” (field) from the Data Dictionary, and the Picklist Name (picklist ID) from the picklist.csv file that is imported in Picklists Management.
|Label||used to create instruction text or panel titles|
|Section||used to create a grey background for organizing separate tables and/or fields|
|Table||creates a table that is modifiable (e.g. 2x1, 2x2, 4x4); Features may be added|
|Text box||used for a plain text field (e.g. First Name, Last Name)|
|Radio Button||creates a radial dial field|
|Check Box||creates a check box field|
|Date||a field that uses a calendar for selecting a value|
|Time||enter a time to go along with a date field (validators may be necessary for formatting)|
|Drop Down List||choose a Data or Provisioning list for this field type. Not recommended over SAP SuccessFactors HCM Picklists|
|Combo Box||creates a cascading drop-down list from the Data or Provisioning lists|
|File Upload||allows user to upload a file to this panel|
|Policy Link||used to link a PDF form to be reviewed by the user completing the panels|
|User List||creates a drop-down list with all available users|
|Corporate Structure List||creates a drop-down list of available Corporate Structure levels|
|Currency Field||a field that uses currency formatting|
|SAP SuccessFactors HCM Picklist||most preferred method for adding a drop-down field to the custom panel|
On Boarding, OBD, Onboarding 1.0, SuccessFactors , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-PAN , Panels, Panel Designer , LOD-SF-OBD-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , How To