How to import Competency mappings to Job Roles when using JDM 1.0?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Job Description Manager (JDM 1.0)
The import functionality of Families/Job Roles/Competencies does not provide a template directly inside SuccessFactors application to update/create new data.
However, inside this article there is an example of how you can extract a file that can be used for the “Import Job Roles” functionality (also known as “Job Family/Roles/Competency Mapping Import”), for mapping Competencies.
For that, please follow the steps below:
Though the header is not visible for this sort of import, this is what it would look like:
- Go to "Families and Roles";
- Open any Family, then open any Role;
- Flag the concerned Role's check box;
- Flag the "Include IDs(Family, Role, Competency, Behavior)" checkbox;
- Hit the "Download" button located on the lower right hand side of the screen;
- Open the exported file and use it as a template.
This is how it should look like:
- First Column: Should always have the word “COMPETENCY_MAP” in upper case.
- Second Column: Name of the Family that the Job Role associated to the given competency belongs to.
- Third Column: Name of the Job Role that this Competency belongs to.
- Fourth and Fifth Column: Competency Library and Category.
- Sixth Column: Name of the Competency being mapped.
- Seventh and Eighth Column: Expected Rating and Weight %. If this is left as blank, system will use 0% value as default.
After having the file ready for the import, follow the steps below:
- Go to "Manage Job Roles";
- On the "Add New Family" drop-down button select the "Import Roles" option;
- Fill in the concerning information;
- And finally, hit the "Import" button.
When the import is successful, go to the Roles to which Competencies were imported and check if the data is properly set.
JDM, JDM 1.0, Import, Competency, Mapping, Map, Legacy, Job Description Manager, Role, Family, File, Template. , KBA , LOD-SF-CJ-JDM , Job Description Manager , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , How To