The import functionality of Families/Job Roles/Competencies does not provide a template directly inside SuccessFactors application to update/create new data. Below are examples of how you can build a file to be used for the “Import Job Roles” functionality (also known as “Job Family/Roles/Competency Mapping Import”), for importing Families and Job Roles:
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Employee Profile
Though the header is not visible for this sort of import, this is what it would look like:
- First Column: Should always have the word “FAMILY” in upper case. The first column will always be used to identify to the system what is the type of data to be defined on this specific row.
- Second Column: Name of the Family to be created
- First Column: Should always have the word “ROLE” in upper case.
- Second Column: Name of the Family that this Role belongs to. This is used to link the Role to the family.
- Third Column: Name of the Role to be created/changed.
- Fourth Column: Description of the Role.
- Fifth Column: Job Code to be mapped to this Job Role. This may be left as blank during the import. When doing the import for creating/changing Families, Job Roles and Competencies, you can only map one Job Code to each Role. For mass mapping of Job Codes to Job Roles, a different file should be used (different format).
Below is a sample of how a simple file for creating/editing families and roles would look like.
JDM, job, family, job family, roles, competency, employee profile, ep, import, families and roles, role, template , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JDM , Job Description Manager , How To