This FAQ note provides information about:
- the different versions of SRM-MDM Catalog
- its compatibility with SAP MDM, SAP SRM, SAP NetWeaver Application Server and SAP Enterprise Portal
- the different components that compose the solution
- SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- SAP enhancement package for SAP Supplier Relationship Management
- Product Catalogs
Applications and components involved:
Sometimes the name similarity may confuse people that are unfamiliar with this application scenario. Let's separate and understand what is each part involved in this solution:
- SAP SRM: the procurement application that creates Shopping Carts, Purchase Orders, etc.
- SRM-MDM Catalog: the catalog application that is installed in the web server. The J2EE component is named SAP_MDM_CAT. The catalog solution has two main screens:
- Search UI: screen where the user browses the product catalog and checks out the choosen items to SAP SRM.
- Config UI: where the catalog administrator sets up display, search and OCI settings.
- SAP MDM: the platform that hosts the catalog contents in a repository. The MDM solution is composed by several applications, and these are the ones relevant for using with SRM-MDM Catalog:
- MDM Server (MDS): the application that hosts the repositories.
- MDM Import Server (MDIS): that receives data from external applications and imports this data to the repositories.
- MDM Java API and MDM Connector: J2EE components that connect the SRM-MDM catalog to the MDM Server. The J2EE components are named MDM_JAVA_API and MDM_CONNECTOR respectively.
Now that each component is defined and explained, we will answer most frequent questions about the versioning and compatibility of these applications.
SRM, MDM, SRM-MDM Catalog, catalog, EHP1, EHP2, NW7.3, NW7.4, NW7.5, NW, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, version, release, compatibility, release note, MGMT, Management, SRM_MDM_CAT, MDM_JAVA_API, MDM_CONNECTOR , KBA , SRM-CAT-MDM , MDM Catalog , MDM-FN , Master Data Management Foundation , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.