This KB article explains how to setup Alternate Supervisors in SuccessFactors Learning
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Logon to LMS Admin;
- Navigate to System Admin->Users;
- Find the User that will have an Alternate Supervisor Added;
- Open the User record;
- On the right side, click "Manage Alternate Supervisor" link in the Actions section;
- Search for the User to be added as an Alternate Supervisor
- Once the User is selected, he/she is added as the User's Alternate Supervisor
- Click "Save" to save the changes.
Primary Supervisors are also able to add Alternate Supervisors to their Direct Reports if their role allows it:
- Users that are Supervisors of other Users will have a "My Employees" tab on their Learning landing page;
- Logon as a Supervisor;
- Go to the "My Employees" tab at the top of the Learning home page;
- Click the 3 vertical dot menu next to the User that will have the alternate supervisor assigned;
- Click "Manage Alternate Supervisor";
- Search for the alternate supervisor user and click "Select";
- Click "Save" to save the changes.
Connector also creates alternate supervisors in LMS.
Note that the connector does not replace any alternate supervisor when using ALT_SUPER1, ALT_SUPER2 or ALT_SUPER3 fields, the LMS supports unlimited alternate supervisors. Up to three alternate supervisors are supported per connector run per user.
Alternate supervisor will not be added if:
- If the alternate supervisor matches the User ID in the same row.
- The alternate supervisor (user) does not already exist in SuccessFactors.
- There is no primary supervisor.
- Alternate supervisor is same as primary supervisor.
- It creates a circular reference (User cannot be their own alternate supervisor’s alternate supervisor).
Note: Nullifying an alternate supervisor field will not remove any alternate supervisor from the user’s record.
Default SF field mapping to LMS:
- MATRIX_MANAGER => TEMP_ALT_SUPER;
- HR => HRBP (This is an alternate supervisor type that represents the HRBP.);
- Manager = > MANAGER.
No SF Mapping:
ALT_SUPER1, ALT_SUPER2, ALT_SUPER3
Note: Once alternate supervisor is set on LMS, it will also receive notifications that are directed to the supervisor. There is no specific setting to control the notifications that are sent to the alternate supervisor and he will stop receiving it once alternate supervisor is removed. Please check KBA for instructions to remove alternate supervisor from LMS UI.
- WIKI: How to Setup Alternate Supervisor
- User Assistance Document: SAP SuccessFactors Learning Alternate Supervisors
- 2169281: How to Associate More Than Three Alternate Supervisors to a User
- 2101819: Removing Alternate Supervisor on the LMS side through Connector
- 2219440: Which workflow gives Admin access to Manage Alternate Supervisor under Action tab?
- 2735188: Manage alternate supervisors - supervisor (user) workflow
- 2743679: "PA_STUD_EMP_ALT_SUPERVISOR" table > "ADD_USER" column > "A", "S" and "T" values
- 2297500 - Trying to Remove Alternate Supervisors in LMS with SF User Connector
- 2275831 - SF User Connector and User Connector standard behaviour regarding HRBP
sf, success factors, LMS, manage, create, modify, edit, change, admin, administrator, subordinate, employee, user, student connector, sfuser, user-sf manager , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS-WOR , Roles & Workflows , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , How To