How to check SFAPI Audit logs in Successfactors System?
Successfctors BizX system
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to Download SFAPI Audit Logs:
- Login to the SF instance.
- go to Admin Center and search for SFAPI Audit log.
Below screenshot explains the Audit log page and you may observe the tabs that are of interest.
The next screenshot gives a detailed view on the SOAP_Request and SOAP_Response.
A session is created and a Session id is generated whenever a Login call takes place to the API server.
For example, The below session id is generated when an API call was triggered.
(This could happen via Boomi , Soap UI or any other Integration tools etc)
Session ID - C1DFA2DC11DC0AFD3E382EDBA43C61A2.PS4BAPI03
We can check further details with the help of this session id.
We can observe the following -
- It is a Query operation to Select address, cellphone, city from SF API entity by the name "jobapplicant$792"
- The results are fetched as per the request and can be noticed from SOAP_Response.
- Filters can be used to narrow down the search from all the payloads (Audit logs) to obtain the required one.Filters are seen in the left hand side of the screen (referring to the above screenshots)
Filters available to Narrow search results -
- Login ID (Id of the user who triggered the API)
- Session ID
- Correlation ID
- Status (Success / Failed)
- SFAPI Call (Login / Query / Update etc,)
- Object (Name of the API entity)
- Call Time (Timestamp of the process execution)
- Response Time (Run Time of the API operation - Rarely used filter)
These logs explain the behaviour of the API in the respective call. This helps in understanding the source of API errors if there are any.
API Audit Logs, Session id , soap request , soap response , KBA , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , How To