The error message: "Unable to open calibration session. You might not have the permission to search users." will pop up while opening a calibration session.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Calibration
Reproducing the Issue
- Proxy as the affected User
- Go to Calibration
- Click on the session.
- Error message is displayed. "Unable to open calibration session. You might not have the permission to search users."
- The "User Search" permission is not granted in Role-Based Permissions.
- One or more subjects of the calibration session are not part of the target population for the User Search permission granted to the Participants.
- Log in as super admin and give the permission to everyone. The permission is under General User Permission > Company Info Access.
- After granting the permission, please try opening the session. Remember NOT to restrict target for owner in Calibration template via Admin Center > Manage Calibration Template > Advanced > Restrict Calibration Role Access by Target Population.
- If the User Search permission is already granted, please check the target population and ensure that the subjects of the session are included in the target population. Tip: You can use the User Role Search tool to check if the user accessing the calibration session has User Search permission and if subjects are included in their target population.
- The user search permission is not specific for Calibration.
- It is a Platform required permission.
- Without this permission, you are not able to get User's information, which means you cannot retrieve user information when you open a session.
- To open a Calibration session, the minimum permission is that a role has "Read" permission, which is configured in Manage Calibration Settings.
Calibration Error, Calibration User Search, Calibration Session Error, Calibration Permission, Unable to open calibration session , KBA , LOD-SF-CAL-SES , Sessions, Creating, Managing etc. , Problem