You find the MOSS rule is not applied when creating invoices.
Reproducing the Issue
Assign the MOSS rule to the service master data.
- Go to the Service and Product Portfolio work center.
- Go to the Service view.
- Select and open service ABC. (ABC represents the ID of the service master data)
- Go to the Taxes tab.
- Add a row for a certain country, for example FR, and tick the checkbox of Electronically Sold.
- Save the change.
Creating a manual invoice to check the MOSS rule. (Seller is in DE and account in FR)
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Open New Manual Invoice Request from the Common Tasks view.
- Enter the account and other sales data, and add the service ABC.
- Go to the Items tab - Taxes sub tab, you find the tax country is DE- Germany and tax code is 501 - Domestic Supply (Standard Rate) instead of the MOSS tax code.
The MOSS rule is only valid for private accounts. In your case, you are using corporate account, so the MOSS tax code is not applied.
This is the designed system behavior. You have to use private account to apply the MOSS rule.
For more information, you can check the help document Tax Determination for MOSS from help center.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To