- This guide shows how to collect network traces with IE9/I10/IE11 Developer Tools.
- There is no needs to install any additional software as it is a tool integrated in Internet Explorer.
- Network traces are needed to analyse communication between IE browser on user machine and server.
Example of troubleshooting:
- Check scorm communication between course and LMS for completion problems
- Identify request and response causing latency in performance problem
- SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
- Internet Explorer 9,10,11
Network Traces are needed by CS to analyze the communication between browser and server
1. Open IE Developer Tools
Make sure IE is opened, on your keyboard, press F12 (or Tools->F12Developer Tools )
It opens a new window ‘Home F12’, Go on Network tab
2. Access Network section
Click on Network tab, you should see ‘Start capturing button’ with clear table.
3. Start Capturing before replicating the issue
Click ‘Start capturing’ (button switches then to ‘Stop Capturing’)
4. Replicate the issue
Replicate the issue (ex: course completion problems, course freezes, timeout issues…), the table should be populated by traces.
5. Stop capturing Once you finished to replicate the issue, click ‘Stop capturing’ (the button switches back to ‘Start capturing’).
6. Export traces
Click on the purple floppy disc icon, and export 2 Files: - The csv file to save the traces overview - The xml files to save the traces detailed view
7. Attach the 2 files in the case
Thanks for your cooperation!
Network Traces, Internet Explorer, LMS, logs , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-INT , Integrations with BizX , How To