- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLEDB Provider is missing.
- The Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services is not listed as a choice to select when creating an OLAP report in Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "File", select "New - OLAP Cube Report"
- In the "OLAP Data" window, click on "Select Cube"
- In the "OLAP Connection Browser" window, click on the button: "Add..."
- In the "Connection Properties" window, notice the Server Type, does not list: Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
- The Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLEDB Provider is not installed, and this is why it is not listed in the OLAP connection that can be used.
- Download and install the Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLEDB Provider from Microsoft.
The steps below are provided as an example, if you have questions regarding downloading and installing the Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLEDB Provider, contact your MS SQL Server Administtator, or contact Microsoft.
Example on downloading the Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLEDB Provider, from Microsoft:
- Go to the Microsoft website at: www.microsoft.com
- Search for: Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLEDB Provider download
- Select the link that corresponding to the version of Microsoft SQL Server you are using.
- The download is generally part of larger download, like a Feature Pack. On the download page, click "Download"
- In the screen "Choose the download you want", scroll and select the download for the Analysis Services OLEDB. Which is usually an item that contains the abreviation of it: ASOLEDB
For example, for MS SQL Server 2008, it will list an item like: "ENU\x64\SQLSERVER2008_ASOLEDB10.msi" ( For a 64bit MS Windows )
- Then click "Next" to download the file.
- Once downloaded, install the Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services OLEDB Provider, on the same computer where Crystal Reports is installed.
CR, MS Services, OLAP client missing , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016