You are trying to execute correction run for some employee on Time Administration and system gives you an error message that prevents you to save it.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Time Administration
- Go to view Regular Tasks
- Select Run Day Closure
- Choose the employee and set the period closure date
- Click save
- System raises error message Offsetting account XYZ not valid on XX.YY.ZZ
Employee has a time account maintained, which has a period end rule that transfers the remaining balance to Target Account Type XYZ. As this employee does not have this target time account maintained for his time profile, system is not able to post the remaining balance hours to this account.
The period end rule of time account XYZ was changed in the business configuration activity Time Accounts after the time account was assigned to the employees. Before the target account was changed the error message was not thrown.
In order to maintain target account XYZ on employee time file, please follow steps below:
- Go to Time Administration
- Select view Employees
- Select the employee and click on edit
- Go to tab Time Account Balances
- Add a new row for Time Accounts with the missing target account XYZ.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To