You have set up access restrictions for price lists for a user but the user is still able to see and edit all price lists.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select the Business Users view.
- Select user XYZ (XYZ represents the user ID).
- Click the Edit button and select the Access Rights option.
- Navigate to the Access Restrictions tab.
- Select the work center view ID CRM_PRICELISTS.
- You can see that the view is read and write restricted. The user only has read and write access for the org unit he is assigned to.
When user XYZ logs on to the system:
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Price Lists view.
- In the show field select Customer Specific Price List.
- The user can see all price lists.
This is the expected system behaviour. The access restrictions for pricing master data (such as price lists, discount lists and surcharges) can only be applied if a sales organization is an attribute of the price list type (for example distribution chain price list).
The mentioned price lists are customer specific price lists which do not depend on the sales organization. It is not possible to restrict the customer specific price lists based on the sales organizations where this account is setup for sales.
One possible solution is to create a new condition table which includes the account and sales organization (also likely distribution channel). These fields appear on the general tab of price lists.
This can be done in the fine tuning activity Configure Price Strategy.
Please see also the Help Center documentation Quick Guide for Pricing in Customer Relationship Management.
You can find more information on how to in the Help Center document: Pricing with Extension Fields.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To