SFAPI Connections from SAP PI failed with HTTP error code: 401 resulting in Scheduled Adhoc reports not being triggered in SF SF.There are no Error Logs in SFAPI Audit Logs (SuccessFactors Instance) and in Manage Jobs (SuccessFactors Provisioining Instance).
- SAP PI
- Successfactors Instance
Reproducing the Issue
- Check the SFAPI Audit logs (SF Instance -> Admin Tools -> SFAPI Audit Tools) and filter on the failed session ID recieved in PI or the Operation or the SFAPI Entity. You will see when the last call was made.
- Try to Login to SuccessFactors Instance as SFAPI User(User which API call is using to connect to SF), you would get the HTTP Error: 401 Unauthorized.
- Check SFAPI User settings in SuccessFactors Instance -> Admin Tools -> Password and Login Policy Settings and check the “Maximum Successive Failed Login Attempts”. If the value is not set to '0' ( normally it is adviced to Set to value to 0 to disable this option; The system will lock a user account if successive failed login attempts exceed what the policy allows, within a 1minute period.) then this will help you to confirm that the SFAPI User is locked.
- Now, if the User was Locked, go to Admin Tools (in SF Instance) -> Reset User Account. Screenshot Below
5. Search for the SFAPI User and check the Status of the user. You will find that the status is marked as ‘x’ which means that the user is locked.
Wrong password was used to login via SuccessFactors User Interface more then the allowed "Maximum Successive Failed Login Attempts" in Password and Login Policy Settings.
Select the SFAPI User and Click on the ‘Reset Selected Users’ option. This will unlock the user and you will find the status as . This will resolve the issue.
Scheduled Ad-hoc Reports, User Locked, SAP PI, Process Integration, SAP OnPremise, ERP, BizX SAP HCM AddOn. , KBA , bizx to sap hcm addon , successfactors to sap erp integration , sfsf sap integration , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem