When you try to migrate Open Items Payables, system throws below error message:
File validation failed. Create an incident
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view or Overview.
- Search and Open the migration activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data.
- Execute Migration for the respective unit.
- Highlight the Migration File (Open Items Payable).
- Select Process File.
- Error message is thrown: 'File validation failed. Create an incident'.
The cause for the issue is that the date format used in some of the fields (for example, Document Date, Baseline Date) are incorrect.
The date format which you enter in the migration template should match the date format in the system. Change the date format and try the migration.
Note: In case you are not able to change the date format in the migration template, then it might be because of regional date and time setting in the local system. This can be changed as follows:
- Go to the Control Panel in your PC/laptop.
- Open Change date, time or number format under Regional and Language.
- Select Format tab.
- Change the Short date.
- Click Apply button.
File validation failed; create an incident; open items payable; open items receivable; date format , KBA , open items payable , create an incident , file validation failed , open items receivable , date format , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To