How to enable electronic signature (e-signature) and have the instructor and student sign off on completion?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Learning Administration -> System Administration -> Configuration -> Global Application Settings -> check status of
- Now select an item and check the status of the electronic signature configuration.
Learning Administration -> Learning Activities -> Items -> Search and Open an Item -> under Item Details tab, the field 'Require E-Signature' to be checked.
- Ensure that e-signature is enabled for the Item under Learning Administration -> References -> Manage User Learning -> Completion Status -> Search for that item type completion status.
- You will need to check 'Enable Electronic Signature' checkbox.
- Assign the item to a user.
- Once the user completes the Item, user will be required to type in their UserID and e-signature pin.
- However the Instructor doesn't have an opportunity to sign off as well.
An Approval Process needs to be setup for the specific item type.
- Make an Approval Process : Learning Administration -> References -> System Administration -> Approval Process.
- Create a new approval process to include the Instructor user to be part of the approval user/steps.
- For example: The Approval Process would have the first step be the Instructor. Make sure that the Approval Step has the Instructor Approval Role.
- The second step would be have the Approval Role of Employee associated to it.
- Go to Learning Administration -> References -> Manage User Learning -> Completion Status -> Search that Item type Completion Status.
- Select 'Enable Electronic Signature' checkbox and from the dropdown menu, select the Approval Process you created.
- The Instructor would then mark completion for the User and have to fulfill the e-signature requirement. Afterwards, the next step of the Approval Process is for the User. They will see on their Learning Plan a message stating that they have unverified Learning Events. The User will complete the e-signature process and then have completion under their Learning History section.
Note: Depending on the Approval Process steps, the above example will differ.
e signature, enable, completion status, instructor, trigger, sign, sf, learning, item, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ESG , E-Signature , How To