An employee working for a Canadian company created an expense report of type Business trip and added Mileage data. However, while checking the Reimbursement information you noticed that the system is not calculating Mileage Reimbursement (amount is zero).
This Case Document is relevant for Country version CA - Canada only.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel and Expenses work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks view and select the New Expense Report On Behalf subview.
- Enter an Employee who works for a Canadian company.
- Enter the Type of Expense Report Business trip and a Purpose.
- Enter a Start Date / End Date for the trip (Country Canada is automatically filled).
- Under Mileage section, enter the Total Distance (km - Kilometer). Vehicle Class and Vehicle Type data are automatically filled.
- Click Add More Mileage Information, enter a Canadian Province and click OK.
- Now move up to phase 4 Review.
Under Reimbursements and Expense Summary section, notice that Mileage Reimbursements is 0.00 CAD, meaning that the system didn't calculate the Mileage data x the Reimbursement Rate defined for the Canadian Province.
The reason why the system is not calculating Mileage Reimbursement for Canada is the missing configuration for Vehicle Class in the Mileage Rates - Canada fine tuning activity in Business Configuration work center.
As of Business ByDesign 1502 release, in order to handle the Canadian Mileage requirement from Canadian Regulatory Authority (namely CRA), two vehicle classes i. e. Domestic travel and International travel were introduced into the Business Configuration set for Mileage accordingly. In response to this change, the system makes the field Vehicle Class mandatory as there are now values available to input for Vehicle Class.
You need to set up the Vehicle Class accordingly in Mileage Rates - Canada fine tuning activity, as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for the Mileage Rates - Canada activity.
- Click Change Immediately.
- Click Edit mileage reimbursement rates.
- The Per-kilometer Allowance Rates screen opens: select Unreasonable Rates or Reasonable Rates depending on where you have maintained your rates.
- Copy the existing lines and define a Vehicle Class for each one (usually you'll have one line for each Per Diem Region).
- Click Save and Close.
As a result, the system should correctly calculate the Mileage Reimbursement for Canada now.
mileage rates; reimbursement; expense reports; Fahrkosten; Fahrkosten Geld; Spesen , KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To