How to Unmask National ID to show the content as numbers instead asterisk "******".
National ID field shows the content as asterisk “******” instead of numbers as below:
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Employee Central V2 (Data Masking)
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Since b1502 release the SSN field has been masked in the job application and can be viewed only by users with Write permission.
Customer looking for a functionality to Unhide the data for National ID field.
If National ID is masked then that particular field will not be available in reports. System provides this privilege to Unhide field (which is masked) in the reports.
To Unhide the National ID, the below steps needs to be taken by Customer´s Partner/Consultant or SAP Cloud Support team:
- Access Backend system (Provisioning);
- Export the Data Model on: "Succession Management > Import/Export Data Model":
- Make a Backup of the exported XML;
- Open the Data Model XML file downloaded;
- Ensure the two following fields pii="false" and visibility="both" are included on the <hris-field... tag as below image:
- Import the updated Data Model XML file and Submit:
- Once done, the National ID should be unhidden on the Instance.
Below KBA to Mask/Hide the National ID:
SSN masked; Social Security Number; Unmask; Data Model; Backend; National-ID; XML; Data Masking; pii; , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-RCM-RBP , Roles & Permissions , How To