You want to download the XLF file of a dashboard, which was saved on a BW backend system. E.g. if you cannot open the dashboard in Xcelsius anymore, you might need the XLF for further checks.
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Xcelsius Enterprise 2008
1) On BW backend go to transaction SE38. Display report RS_XCLS_ANALYZE_DASHBOARD_DEF
2) Set a session breakpoint at the line after the call of method cl_rsxcls_analyse_xlf=>get_def_from_xlf
3) Go back and execute report RS_XCLS_ANALYZE_DASHBOARD_DEF via transaction SE38
4) Enter the technical name of the dashboard in field "Technical Name of Dashboard", the version needs to be "A". Then run the report by presing F8 or clicking on the icon at the top left.
5) The debugger should stop at the breakpoint. Double click on i_dashboard_xlf a few lines above your breakpoint to transfer it to the parameters list at the right side of the debugger. Double click the parameter again at the right side.
6) Now the content of the parameter is shown. Use button "Services of the Tool" to save the content to a local file.
7) Confirm "Binary" format, then select a file name with extension .xlf and save it to your drive.
KBA , BW-BEX-ET-XC , Please, use component BI-RA-XL. , How To