During the Managed System Configuration the step Check Configuration shows the error:
- The definition of Technical System 'XXX~TYPE' is not correct:
- 'XXX~TYPE': Host 'hostname' must have an Operating System
The following picture describes the error:
Then, checking the Outside Discovery status of the host in the Landscape Browser application the following error is shown:
- Cannot set operating system 'hostname' to host SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64).
- Value not allowed by VALUEMAP for property SAP_ComputerSystem.OpSysCategory:"LINUX"
The picture below describes the error:
- SAP Solution Manager 7.10
- Solution Manager Diagnostics
The definition of Technical System '<SID>' is not correct: '<SID>': Operating System '<OS version>' of Host '<host>' must have at least one Software Component Version.
'<SID>': Operating System '<OS Version>' of Host '<host>' must have at least one Software Component Version.
Outside Discovery issue: refer to SAP Note 1611483
Managed systems setup | Managed System Definition Status (post setup) , KBA , SV-SMG-DIA-SRV-AGT , Agent Framework , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.