You have activated Advances for a Country Version and while claiming Non-Travel Related Expense Reports the Advances field is grayed out for entry.
You want to know, How to enable the Advances field to enter an amount.
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to HTML UI as an User.
- Go to the Travel and Expenses Work center.
- Go to Travel and Expenses view.
- Select Claim Non Travel Related Expenses.
You could see that Advances field is grayed out in the Non Travel Related Expense Report header.
When you create a Non Travel related Expense Report you have no Start and End Dates.
As this is not in the future, Advances are grayed out. Advances entry would be available only for Future dates.
In order to enable the Advances field for entry, follow the below steps:
- Open the Non-Travel Related Expense Report.
- Add Expense with Expense Date in Future and Amount as Zero.(This being a dummy change).
- Select Add button.
As soon as the Expense with future dates are added, the Advances field is available for entry of Amount. Advances Entry would be available only for Future dates in Travel Related Expense Reports
as well as Non Travel Related Expense Report.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To