Field-based permissions are available for nearly all standard and custom fields.
Field restrictions are applied to the worksheet, budget overview, youcalc widgets, compensation profile, and (in 1411) ad hoc reports.
- Currently YouCalc is not supported with FBP. If you apply ANY field based permission to a user for ANY field, that user will no longer see YouCalc widgets. Therefore for users that need to use YouCalc do not enable FBP for them. CALC-1891
- If a field is restricted on the worksheet, it will also be restricted/hidden in the budget overview and Youcalc widgets.
- If a field that is restricted shares a budget or widget with another field, the combined budget overview/widget will be restricted/hidden.
- Hidden fields cannot be exported
- Not every field possible is supported. See below for list of unsupported fields.
Common Uses for FBP
- Hide worksheet fields that are not meaningful to Planners (ie, prorating, salary rate units); 2) Add country specific worksheet fields that are visible to Planners in one country; 3) Custom field viewable by HR only; 4) Change fields to read only while HR reviews the outcome from the planning process.
How to enable Field-based Permissions
- Go to Admin Tools > Compensation > Select your Template > From Settings, enable field-based permissions
- From Actions for all Plans>Group Assignments>Manage Dynamic Groups, select “Manage Field Permission Groups”. From this page, you can create, delete, edit and copy permission groups to have unique access to fields.
- From Manage Permission Roles, Select Manage Compensation>Manage Field based permissions for the RBP role which will manage the groups.
- Go to Settings> Field Permission Groups and select the roles you wish to associate with the plan
- Go to Column Designer>Design Worksheet and change the default permissions for the selected fields. Field visibility and editability by role can be changed both before and after worksheets are launched.
Hover over/click the pencil icon to change the field to view only; Hover over/click the eye icon to hide the field. Then select “Save”.
These fields cannot be hidden.
bonusGuideline Bonus guideline
bonusObjDesc Objective description
bonusObjName Objective name
bonusAchievement Objective achievement
bonusAchievement2 Objective achievement 2
bonusPayout Objective payout
bonusRating Objective rating
bonusWeight Objective weight
salaryNote Salary note
bonusNote Bonus note
stockNote Stock note
summaryTotalCompensation Total compensation shown in summary tab
summaryPmRating PM rating in shown summary tab
summaryCompRating Comp rating shown in summary tab
budgetTotalRaise Budget for Total Raise
budgetAmount Budget amount
moreToAllocate More to allocate
budgetName Budget name
budgetPlannedTotal Total planned budget amount
unallocated Unallocated budget amount
salaryTab Salary tab
stockTab Stock tab
bonusTab Bonus tab
variablePayTab Variable Pay tab
userName Employee full name
userNamePreData Employee full name before raise data fields
empFirstName Employee first name
empLastName Employee last name
mgrName Employee's manager full name
mgrFirstName Employee's manager first name
mgrLastName Employee's manager last name
bonusMgrFirstName Employee's manager first name in bonus tab
bonusMgrLastName Employee's manager last name in bonus tab
stockMgrFirstName Employee's manager first name in stock tab
stockMgrLastName Employee's manager last name in stock tab
salaryMgrId Employee's manager ID in salary tab
bonusMgrId Employee's manager ID in bonus tab
stockMgrId Employee's manager ID in stock tab
compensationEligible Compensation eligibility
salaryEligible Salary eligibility
bonusEligible Bonus eligibility
stockEligible Stock eligibility
promoEligible Promotion eligibility
meritEligible Merit eligibility
extraEligible Adjustment eligibility
extra2Eligible Adjustment 2 eligibility
lumpsumEligible Lump sum eligibility
lumpsum2Eligible Lump sum 2 eligibility
stockStockEligible Stock field eligibility
stockOptionEligible Option eligibility
stockUnitsEligible Stock units eligibility
stockOther1Eligible Stock other 1 eligibility
stockOther2Eligible Stock other 2 eligibility
stockOther3Eligible Stock other 3 eligibility
executiveRuleViolation Rule violation flag in executive review
salaryAction Salary action
bonusAction Bonus action
stockAction Stock action
executiveAction Executive review action
compensationReadOnly Entry read only flag
KBA , LOD-SF-CMP , Compensation Management , Problem