You have created new expense report, however the defaulted cost assignment does not accord with the one maintained in the employee's expense arrangement.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Scoping country: United States.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel and Expenses work center.
- Click New -> Expense Report on Behalf.
- Choose an employee and navigate to the next step.
You see that the proposed cost assigned differs from the one maintained in the expense arrangement for the employee.
Due to a scoping setup, the system is deriving the cost details from the cost assignment of the last created expense report, no matter how the expense arrangement is configured.
In case you want the system to default the cost assignment from the expense arrangement, the concerned scoping questions has to be deactivated via below steps.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your project and click Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to step 4 Questions.
- Expand Travel and Expenses -> Expense and Reimbursement Management and select Expense Reporting.
- Remove the In Scope flag for the question 'For expense reporting, do you want travel expenses to pick the cost assignment from previous expense report?'
After saving, the cost assigned is not determined based on the previous expense report.
Note that this feature is specific to United States scope. Hence, if US is not scoped in your implementation project, the feature is not enabled nor the scoping questions is visible.
expense reporting; cost object; cost center; expense arrangement; expense report; cost assignment; incorrect cost center; wrong cost center , KBA , expense reporting , cost object , cost center , expense arrangement , expense report , cost assignment , wrong cost center , incorrect cost center , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To