You create sales documents resulting in price reductions, such as discounts, and/ or surcharges, such as freight.
You expect that the respective price components are separately posted to designated functional G/L accounts according to settings made in the Account Determination fine tune activity. The resulting customer invoice journal entry however does not show entries separating revenues from other price-components.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the General Ledger work center go to the Journal Entries view.
- In the search field, enter the customer invoice ID and Enter.
- Access the journal entry.
- You notice that there are no separate posting lines according to the discount and / or surcharge price components.
The Default Pricing is set to Gross:
- In Fine Tuning access the Configure Price Strategy activity.
- Select Default Pricing.
- Here, Gross is selected for the relevant distribution channel.
The default pricing setting does have implications for accounting, based on how line-items and price-components are computed. The default pricing is always Net, unless otherwise defined.
When selecting Gross Pricing, entered freight charges are not posted separately to the designated freight G/L account.
Similarly, no separate posting lines are generated for price reductions.
Discounts or surcharges can be separately posted only when selecting the Net pricing procedure. When Gross pricing is active all components are accumulated in the sales revenue posting line.
Freight of 8,00 Net or 9,25 Gross (VAT rate 19%) / Unit
Pricing Procedure is Net:
Net Price: 100,00 EUR
Pricing Component - Freight: 8,00 EUR / Unit = 14,11 EUR
Value Added Tax (incl. Freight): 21,68 EUR*
Total: 135,79 EUR*
In the resulting journal entry additional price-components are segregated after VAT.
Revenues: 100,00 EUR*
Freight/Other Revenues: 14,11 EUR*
Pricing Procedure is Gross:
Gross Price: 119,00 EUR
Pricing Component - Gross Freight: 9,25 EUR / Unit = 16,31 EUR
Value Added Tax (incl. Freight): 21,60 EUR*
Total: 135,31 EUR*
In the resulting journal entry additional price-components are not segregated after VAT.
Revenues: 113,71 EUR*
* Differences in decimals are due to rounding logic in applied scenarios.
gross pricing, net pricing, price components , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To