Calculation involving a scale is producing a truncation of decimal data
Number1 =Number2 = 1000000.
- Number is divide by scale Number1/scale & Number2/scale
- Output is correct --> 333333.333333 (Number1_1 & Number2_1
- Different calculation (1.0/Scale)
- Incorrect! Truncation to scale digit of number, i.e Number1 --> 3 & Number2--> 10
- So we see in output Number1_2 = 333000.000000 & Number2_2 = 333333.333300
Data Services 4.1 and 4.2
truncation decimal imprecision scale , KBA , EIM-DS-EXE , Job Execution , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.