You find that your newly created key figure on the data source XYZ (XYZ is the name of the data source) is missing when you preview the same XYZ data source.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center, view Design Key Figures.
- Select New.
- In Define Key Figure and Select Data Source * tab, define the Name ABC (ABC represents the name of a Key Figure).
- Select the Data Source XYZ.
- Complete the creation of the new Key Figure ABC.
- Go to the Design Data Sources work center view.
- Search for the Data Source XYZ.
- Click Preview.
You key figure is not shown. It is also not listed in this data source's documentation.
This is the correct behavior. Only extension fields of type 1/AN/ and fields created via the SDK will show up in the data source / documentation.
The newly created key figure ABC is present in the data source XYZ but does not show up during the preview of the data source or in the data source documentation. But when you open any standard report built on the data source XYZ or build any report on it, you will find that the newly created key figure ABC will be available in the report. This can be validated in the report by navigating to the Add Fields option, then to the Key Figures tab and there under Own Key Figures section, the new Key Figure ABC will be listed.
key figure, missing, data source, documentation, business analytics, custom key figure, custom created, customized , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To