You want to know how to enhance, modify or add a new child node to the existing Product Category Hierarchies using Migration, for example, if the description is not maintained for a particular language or you want to change the description that already maintained for the existing Product Categories.
However, when you navigate to the migration tool for Product Category Hierarchy, you cannot find the Enhance Already Existing Records or Modify Already Existing Records modes.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Overview work center view.
- Find and open the fine-tuning activity Product Category Hierarchy.
- Click the link to Migrate product category hierarchy using the migration tool.
- Upload a migration template.
- Click the Properties button.
- There is no Enhance Already Existing Records or Modify Already Existing Records option.
This is the standard system behavior.
Product Category descriptions can be enhanced or modified using Add New Records itself as the migration mode. Similarly, you are able to add a new child node to the existing product categories using this mode as well.
Note: in case the Product Category has the “Product Assignment Allowed” indicator, then you need to add the same to the template before adding/enhancing information.
Product Category Hierarchy, Migration, Enhance Already Existing Records, Modify Already Existing Records. , KBA , product category descriptions , product category hierarchy , product category hierarchies , AP-PRD-PCH , Product Category Hierarchy , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To