- Running on ASE 15.7 SP100 or later
- sp_dboption "allow incremental dumps" is enabled for a database
- Under certain circumstances, the dump database procedure will hang when the "allow incremental dumps" has been enabled for a database.
- If a dbcc stacktrace is run on the dump spid that is hung, the output may include the following routines:
- ASE hangs when the database dump is trying to write/update sysdams table pages to disk
- The dump database procedure becomes deadlocked on the sysdams table page that is being accessed by another process
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP100 and up
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
KBA , backup , backup server , deadlock , self-deadlock , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.