- Running on ASE 15.7 SP100 or later
- sp_dboption "allow incremental dumps" is enabled for a database
- Under certain circumstances, the dump database procedure will hang when the "allow incremental dumps" has been enabled for a database.
- If a dbcc stacktrace is run on the dump spid that is hung, the output may include the following routines:
- ASE hangs when the database dump is trying to write/update sysdams table pages to disk
- The dump database procedure becomes deadlocked on the sysdams table page that is being accessed by another process
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP100 and up
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
KBA , backup , backup server , deadlock , self-deadlock , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.