After creating a new promotion job, and adding a certain report to a promotion job, the promotion management application spins for the next 10 to 15 minutes and takes a very long time to add report.
- Similar spinning behavior is seen when trying to promote the same job
- Neither dependencies nor security are selected at this point.
- The issue is specific to few Webi (Web Intelligence) reports - those built on specific DSL universe(s).
- There are other webi reports and Crystal report samples which can be added to the job quickly and work fine.
- The promotion management application seems to perform very slowly when adding and promoting specific reports.
- When clicking 'Manage Dependencies' nothing appears to happen and a white/blank screen is shown - E2E trace reveals that the query to calculate the dependencies to show to the user is taking a very long time, as they are spending the majority of the time retrieving all users / usergroups.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2)
- Promotion Management
- Linux / Unix
BI BIP 4.1 4.0 PM LCM promotion slow freeze hang add report object unx dsf security , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.