After creating a new promotion job, and adding a certain report to a promotion job, the promotion management application spins for the next 10 to 15 minutes and takes a very long time to add report.
- Similar spinning behavior is seen when trying to promote the same job
- Neither dependencies nor security are selected at this point.
- The issue is specific to few Webi (Web Intelligence) reports - those built on specific DSL universe(s).
- There are other webi reports and Crystal report samples which can be added to the job quickly and work fine.
- The promotion management application seems to perform very slowly when adding and promoting specific reports.
- When clicking 'Manage Dependencies' nothing appears to happen and a white/blank screen is shown - E2E trace reveals that the query to calculate the dependencies to show to the user is taking a very long time, as they are spending the majority of the time retrieving all users / usergroups.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2)
- Promotion Management
- Linux / Unix
BI BIP 4.1 4.0 PM LCM promotion slow freeze hang add report object unx dsf security , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.