You get the error message 'Business transaction for accounting of Customer Invoice XYZ contains errors that must be resolved before Customer Invoice XYZ can be reversed in accounting'
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing Work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents subview.
- Find Invoice ID XYZ .(XYZ represents the document ID)
- Choose Edit button.
- Choose View All Option.
- Navigate to the Document Flow.
- Open the Business Transaction.
- This will open a new page showing the message 'Business transaction for accounting of Customer Invoice XYZ contains errors that must be resolved before Customer Invoice XYZ can be reversed in accounting'
- You can also find the stuck cancellation invoice ABC in the Unposted Source Documents view in the General Ledger Work Center. (ABC represents the Cancellation Invoice ID)
The original Invoice showed one or more error messages.
In order to post the cancellation document XYZ successfully into accounting without referring to the unsolved old error messages in the original invoice ABC you have to reverse and post the original document again.
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Source Documents sub view.
- Select the Customer Invoice ABC.
- Click Actions and then View Business Transaction.
- Click Reverse and Repost.
- Go to the Unposted Source Documents subview again and select Customer Invocie Cancellation XYZ.
- Click Post
- The document is posted without any error messages and all the relevant tasks are be cleared.
Kundenrechnung, Geschäftsvorfall, Fehlermeldung , KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To