- ASE or other SAP (Sybase) product that are licensed via SYSAM won't start or starts in 'grace' mode
- The following messages appear in the ASE error log during the boot sequence:
Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_CORE feature from license file(s) or server(s). Insufficient ASE_CORE CPU licenses.
ASE requires 2 ASE_CORE ("CP") CPU licenses for use on this machine but only 1 could be obtained.
License for 2 ASE_CORE (2012.0208) will expire Fri 18 Apr 2014 09:23:23 AM EDT.
Error: 131274, Severity: 17, State: 1
WARNING: ASE will shutdown on Fri 18 Apr 2014 09:23:23 AM EDT, unless a suitable ASE_CORE license is obtained before that date.
- This error can occur for ANY SYSAM enabled (Sybase) product. The general format of this error is as follows:
Failed to obtain N license(s) for LicenseName feature from license file(s) or server(s).
Insufficient CPU licenses
Sybase_Product _Name requires X CPU licenses for use on this machine but only Y could be obtained.
(where X > Y)
- Any version of an ex-Sybase software product, including:
- Adaptive Server Enteprise (ASE)
- Replication Server (SRS)
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.