- ASE or other SAP (Sybase) product that are licensed via SYSAM won't start or starts in 'grace' mode
- The following messages appear in the ASE error log during the boot sequence:
Failed to obtain license(s) for ASE_CORE feature from license file(s) or server(s). Insufficient ASE_CORE CPU licenses.
ASE requires 2 ASE_CORE ("CP") CPU licenses for use on this machine but only 1 could be obtained.
License for 2 ASE_CORE (2012.0208) will expire Fri 18 Apr 2014 09:23:23 AM EDT.
Error: 131274, Severity: 17, State: 1
WARNING: ASE will shutdown on Fri 18 Apr 2014 09:23:23 AM EDT, unless a suitable ASE_CORE license is obtained before that date.
- This error can occur for ANY SYSAM enabled (Sybase) product. The general format of this error is as follows:
Failed to obtain N license(s) for LicenseName feature from license file(s) or server(s).
Insufficient CPU licenses
Sybase_Product _Name requires X CPU licenses for use on this machine but only Y could be obtained.
(where X > Y)
- Any version of an ex-Sybase software product, including:
- Adaptive Server Enteprise (ASE)
- Replication Server (SRS)
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.