- A JDBC application is using JDBC float to represent money value on SAP ASE, where the field is defined as numeric.
- As an example, a SAP ASE column of type numeric(18,2).
- jConnect method used to set field is setFloat.
- On older jConnect versions, such as 7.0 GA [ jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/7.00(Build 26502)/P/EBF17993/JDK16/Thu Jun 3 3:09:09 2010 ], no rounding occurs.
- Using version jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/7.07 SP130 (Build 27074)/P/EBF23283/JDK 1.6.0/jdbcmain/OPT/Mon Jul 21 12:39:01 PDT 2014 or higher, including 16.0, rounding occurs.
- Example - a number like 12345.67 rounds to 12345.66 on the way to SAP ASE.
- jConnect 7.07 (SDK for SAP ASE 15.7 SP130)
- jConnect 16.0 (PL04/PL05)
- SAP ASE 15.7/16.0
jConn, JDBC, rounding, CR#778361, CR 778361, 77361 , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.