You have processed the merge of two of your companies in ByDesign, however, the system does not allow you to create a new identical bank account for the newly created company.
You have created a new company and want to use the same (existing) bank account.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to the My Banks view.
- Select your bank entity and click Edit Bank Accounts.
- Create a new bank account record with identical bank details to the old company, however assigned to the new company.
You get the error message "Combination of bank, account number with different company exists".
In the system you are not allowed to assign the same bank account to two different companies.
It is not possible to add the same account number for different companies unless the other account is closed.
Before performing the Close action, you must bring the account balance to zero and make sure that you have Confirmed/Canceled all open transactions/items/payments in the system. Once the bank account is closed, this same entry cannot be re-activated.
You can close the existing bank account via the following steps:
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to My Banks view.
- Select your bank entity and click Edit -> Bank Accounts.
- Select the bank account assigned to the old company and click Actions -> Close.
After closing the account, you are able to create a new bank account with the same number but assigned to the new company.
Kombination von Bank und Kontonummer in anderem Unternehmen vorhanden; bank account; Bankkonto , KBA , csg_q , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To