You open your system ABC and download the report DEF into a CSV file. After opening the file you see that the separator that is used is, for example, the semicolon (;). Now you open another system, GHI, and download another report into CSV. Opening this second file, you see that the separator is a different one, for example comma (,). You would like to know how you can set up the same separator, for example, you would like your CSV files to use the separator semicolon (;) across all systems.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to system ABC.
- Open the report DEF and click on Download > Report in CSV Format.
- Open the CSV file and check the separator: it will be for example semicolon (;).
- Log on to another system and repeat the same steps.
- When opening the second CSV file the separator is another one, for example comma (,).
Your user specific settings are different in the two systems.
The first relevant setting is configured in windows:
- In the control panel, under "Region settings", click on additional settings.
- Then click: Change date, time or number formats.
- Click Additional settings...
- Here you can maintain a "list separator". This setting is relevant for windows applications, however if you access the ByDesign systems from different computers with different regional settings, the result in the CSV file will be different as well.
The second setting is done in the ByDesign / C4C system, under Personalize > My Settings > Decimal Notation.
Please check that you have the same settings for both systems (and for both computers should you use several). This should ensure the same format in CSV files.
report, reporting, download, csv, decimals, after comma, separator, semicolon, tab, excel , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To