How to perform a trace in Business View Manager?
- How to turn on data source connectivity trace in the Business View Manager (BVM)?
- SAP BusinessObjects Client Tools 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Client Tools 4.2
- SAP BusinessObjects Client Tools 4.3
- To trace data source connections in Business View Manager using crlogger:
- Add the following User Environment Variables to your local system:
- LOGGING_DIR = C:\logging
- LOGGING_ENABLED_ASSERT = 1
- LOGGING_ENABLED_RUNTIME = 100
following the naming convention: CrystalBVM_<PID>_<datetime>_runtime.log
Once tracing is no longer required, disable the trace, otherwise it can impact the performance due to the overhead of tracing each actions.
To disable generating a trace:
- Close the Business View Manager.
- Remove the environment variables:
Note: Another option to disable the trace is to rename all of the above environment variables, and add a suffixe like: _DISABLED
Business View Manager, database logging, crlogger,trace,tracing,CR, BV, configure, BVM , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020