- You print an ABAP list using the Unicode print solution UPE, which is described in SAP Note 1812076 via an output device defined with a device type without the list driver(like e.g. device type HPLJ4 or HPLJ5). In this case, the UPE method does not work as expected. Only the characters supported by the code page of the device type will be printed correctly. The characters from other language regions will be not printed even though the UPE solution should ensure that this would work.
- You can see whether a device type uses a list driver or not, if you select the device type in transaction SPAD, and then select
"Formats" -> <ABAP list format which is used> -> tab "Attributes" -> button "List Driver Attributes".
For example for device type HPLJ4, if you select format X_65_132 you will see:
If you see the above screen, you should also check the entry screen of the device type:
- Only if the marked entries are there in both places above, then the device type is defined without the list driver.
- On all SAP systems where UPE is enabled.
- NW 7.40 SP02 + 740 kernel (for PDF conversion: 7.40 SP03 + 740 kernel)
- NW 7.31 SP09 + 721 kernel, patch level 115
- NW 7.30 SP10 + 721 kernel, patch level 115
- NW 7.02 SP14 + 721 kernel, patch level 115
SAP NetWeaver 7.3 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.4 ; SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 ; SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
KBA , BC-CCM-PRN , Print and Output Management , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.