- Missing tables, views, or stored procedures.
- Can only see some tables, views, or stored procedures in Crystal Reports.
- Not all the expected database tables, views, or stored procedures are visible in Crystal Reports.
- How to display all the tables, views or stored procedures in Crystal Reports, when a database have a large numbers of tables?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- In the Database Expert window, it is missing some of the database tables.
- Not all the tables, views, synonyms, or stored procedures are displayed in Crystal Reports when:
- The database user does not have rights to see the tables in the database; or
- Crystal Reports Data Explorer options filters are limiting the tables to display; or
- Database contains a large number of objects, and Crystal Reports by default is limited to show the first 8,000 objects only.
- If the database user have rights to see the tables, and the database does not have a large number of objects, then it is Data Explorer filters that limits the number of tables, views, synonyms or stored procedures to display.
- To verify and change the Data Explorer options and filters set to limits the number of objects to display in Crystal Reports:
- Open Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "File", select "Options
- In the Options screen, select the tab "Database"
- In the Data Explorer section ensure there is no filter for the options: "Table
Name LIKE", and "Owner LIKE". If there is remove teh filters.
- Also, ensure the options "Tables", "Views", "Synonyms" and "Stored Procedure" are checked.
- Click "OK"
- If you know which tables you want to access, you can use the Data Explorer filters to show the desired tables.
- For changing the default number limit of objects to display in Crystal Reports, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1215994
tbl rpt show limit restriction , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020