You have migrated your inventory details via Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity and now when you look for the data/inventory balance in the report Material Inventories - Balance Summary no records are shown for the migrated inventory.
Reproducing the Issue
- Business Analytics work center choose Design Report view.
- Find and run the Material Inventories - Balance Summary report.
- Enter the desired values on the Selection screen and select Go
- For this example add Material XYZ
Due to an unposted Goods & Activity Confirmation for the error message : Derivation for Accounting Principle XYZ, Chart Of Accounts ABC , General Ledger Account 123 Non sales object.
Issue is caused due to the missing default assignment for functional area.
Define only one default functional area (9900 - Not assigned functional area (P/L acct) you also have to correct the functional area determination for Accounting Principle XYZ, Chart Of Accounts ABC , General Ledger Account 123 Non sales object.
There was a restriction for 1 - Sales Object but the unposted source documents were of type 55 - Goods and Activity Confirmation which is not a sales object.
Post the Unposted goods and activity confirmation and then you will be able to view the material inventory balances that are migrated.
- Go to work center Business Configuration.
- Go to view Implementation Projects.
- Go to Fine tune.
- Select activity Settings for Income Statements by Function of Expense and Earned Profit Analysis.
- Select Edit Functional Area and flag any functional area as default.
- Go to Functional Area Determination.
- Select the Accounting Principle XYZ.
- Select the Chart of Accounts ABC row which has General Ledger Account 123
- Assign Functional Area and leave Restrict to field Blank or Nonsales Object for this particular GL account.
If the error message reads as non sales object then the you need to fill the restrict to field as non sales and vice-versa or leave it has blank to apply it to all types of document.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To