This article explains how admins can set up the display of the News Page that appears after a user logs in. The News Page shows new information that admins might find interesting to let the users know when users log in. After this page, users will be able to see the to-do list.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
In order to set the display of the News Page for users, admins need to go to:
- System Administration > Configuration > System Configuration > LMS_ADMIN >
- Locate "displayNewsPageOnLogin" > This controls the behavior of the news page. Although it is set to UserDiscretion by default, it can be set to any of the following values:
- Never: The news page is never displayed.
- Always: News page is displayed always.
- UserDiscretion: This option leaves the user the possibility to check a box to avoid seeing the News Page in the future.
If you set the configuration to user discretion, please, advise your users to log out from the application after making their selection.
Sometimes, simply closing the dialog box (click the X), but remaining in the application causes the setting to not save properly.
news, page, display, user, log, in, login, displayNewsPageOnLogin, lms, sf, successfactors, welcome, popup , KBA , sf recruiting , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , How To