- The Offer Letter feature allows a recruiting user to select a pre-built template, update the contents and generate a letter containing offer details and language for use in negotiating and finalizing offer terms with a candidate.
- Can we disable/make not selectable or visible a offer letter type (Online Offer, Online Offer with eSignature, ...)?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- Offer Letter Portlet can be configured and permissioned using job requisition template feature permission named “offerLetterPortlet".
- The offer-letter-fields element should not be used in the Requisition XML when offer approval is turned on or there may be errors on the offer letter page;
- The position of any reportable custom fields should not be changed or it can cause offer letter tokens saved in an offer letter template to render the incorrect value.
- The Offer Letter information, such as day it was created, day it was sent to the candidate, who created, are information that can be accessed and reported through ad-hoc reports. The offer letters themselves, however, are only accessible through the Offer Letter Portlet on Application page of the candidate, with the correct permissions.
- Only Online Offer and Online Offer with eSignature has the option to cancel. The offer sent by Verbal Offer, Email as text, Email as PDF Attachment cannot be cancelled. New offer letter can be generated.
- Setting up Offer Letter templates
See the Manage Offer Letter Templates article.
- Permissioning the Offer Letter feature to operators
Permissions for operator to launch offer letters and in which status of application it will be permissioned are configured in the Requisition XML. First enablement of the feature might require Professional Services engagement to determine the exact configuration based on the customer needs.
- Creating Offer Letters
After configuring the offerLetter feature permission, the Offer letter option appears in the Action Dropdown, depending on the status it was permissioned in the Requisition XML.
When selected, you will be directed to the Offer Letter page. The list of offer letter templates configured in “Manage Offer Letter Templates” will be displayed.
You can change the offer language and refine the contents of the letter. If desired, attachments can be added to the offer letter using the “Attach a document” link at the bottom of the page.
- Previewing Offer Letters
After setting up the offer letter to your satisfaction, click the “Next Step” button.
Offer Letter Configuration
A preview page loads, with the tokens populated. If the value for the field associated to the token is blank, the token will remain as a reminder to the user that it should be manually replaced or the data should be filled into the field before generating a letter.
- Distributing Offer Letters
There are four methods of distributing offer letters to a candidate and/or recording offer letter activity to the Application record.
- Email as PDF attachment
When this option is selected, the user is brought to an email screen to send the candidate an email. The offer letter as a PDF document and any attachments on the offer letter are attached to this email.
- Email as text
When this option is selected, the user receives a warning/confirmation screen. If the user chooses to proceed, an email is sent to the candidate containing the offer letter text, including any attachments to the
- When this option is selected, the system will prompt the user to download or save a PDF copy of the offer letter. (NOTE: When a user performs the print action, the system converts Offer Letter contents from HTML to PDF. This provides the user with a PDF file that the user can print. This HTML-to-PDF conversion allows only the Arial Unicode MS font. This is why the user does not have other fonts available for printing. The converted PDF file always will use only the Arial Unicode MS font. However, other font selections are honored when Offer Letter contents are sent via the Email as Text option).
- Verbal Offer
When this option is selected, the system will only record the offer letter but will not send it to the candidate.
All 4 distribution options are available as long as you have a permission to create an offer letter.
2978837 - Role-based permission for offer letter template - Recruiting Management
SF, success factors, create, configure, template, portlet, blank token, language, permissioning, change, restrict , KBA , share , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , How To