In Purchase Order upon clicking on Order button or when trying to post a supplier invoice you receive the following error messages:
- Document not submitted for approval; inconsistencies exist;
- Exchange Rate for and for Rate Type does not exist for;
- Error occurred while trying to evaluate condition of a process step.
You may see below error
Exchange rate A/B on XX.XX.XXX missing for currency conversion*
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to Purchase Orders view.
- Show All Purchase Orders.
- Find ABC.
- Select Edit.
- Select Order.
- Go to Supplier invoicing work center
- Go to Invoices and credit memos view
- Search and open respective invoice
- Click on Post button or check button
- Go to the Managing My Area work center
- Go to the Approvals view
- Select the relevant Project Purchase Request
- Select Approve and error appears on the screen
The error is related to exchange rates in relation to the approval process.
System will check the entire approval pocesss , that may have many steps and each Step may have many conditions.
so for system to decide whether the particular condition satisfies your PO details or not , system shall need exchange rate maintained.
hence even though the particular currency is not there in the PO you still need to maintain the exchange rate.
For the approval conditions to be correctly evaluated, there should be a currency conversion maintained between the currency used in the Purchase Order/invoice and all currencies mentioned in the respective approval process. The exchange rates should be maintained in both direction for all currencies.
Since system compares each approval step conditions with that of the document so we need all exchange rate combination to be available.
Please check if the Exchange rates are configured properly:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Select Edit Exchange Rates link under Common Tasks.
In Exchange Rates for Foreign Currencies, you should check that all currencies mentioned in the Approval process and used in the Purchase Order are maintained in both directions.
2370139 - Error: Exchange Rate X/Y on date DD.MM.YYYY Missing for Currency Conversion.
Document not submitted for approval; inconsistencies exist, Exchange Rate for and for Rate Type does not exist for, Error occurred while trying to evaluate condition of a process step, Purchase Order, Approval , KBA , action not enabled , app rover could not approve , document not submitted for approval; inc , exchange rate for and for rate type does , error occurred while trying to evaluate , approval , purchase order , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , AP-GSP , Goods and Service Acknowledgement , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To