- You are running a query with a UNION ALL clasue and an ORDER BY clause.
- Without ORDER BY the query runs fast.
- When appending ORDER BY on a column that is already indexed, the query takes considerably longer to execute.
- When ORDER BY is used, the query plan shows that the optimizer is spending a lot of time in sorting of a worktable.
- ASE is configured with the optimization goal "allrows_oltp".
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.x
allrows_mix, allrows_dss, join, nested-loop, hash-joins, merge-joins, optgoal, performance , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.